Pages

2009-03-04

The Journey

I know. It's been so long since I posted anything, and even longer since I actually wrote something original, I can't really expect to have many (any?) followers. But even if I only write a fraction of what I'm thinking, just sitting here to write and thinking can be very beneficial I think.

Just a couple days ago, a friend of mine pointed me to this blog: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

I can't even explain how much of a blessing reading this blog has been. It is written by a girl in Uganda who is working with the people there to provide a home, education, and love for the children there. It's been so encouraging and inspiring to read, because so much of it reminds me of times and experiences in Zambia. My children and siblings at the orphanage, my life-long friends at church and at our school. It all seems real again when reading Katie's blog, and it inspires me to work even harder to support the work my family and others are doing in Africa, as well as working to go back myself one day.

I almost wrote something like, "I think I'll be posting here a bit more often now." or something like that, but unfortunately, I've had that thought when writing just about every single post on here, so I don't trust it.

1 comment:

  1. hey Ray =)
    dropping by to see how is your blog doing..hehe..

    nice article from the girl in Uganda.
    cheers and hugs and <3

    ReplyDelete