Pages

2008-07-08

Edith

I'm not sure what my readers are supposed to get from this, but it's nice writing out thoughts to people.

I just wrote you a reasonably long email in reply to yours from nearly a three weeks ago. You probably won't get it until Friday.

Five months ago we were spending several hours together every day of the week. We could detect nearly every change in emotion either one of us had, because we knew each other that well. We were the very best of friends. Now we haven't spoken a word or even seen each other for over a quarter of a year.

I miss you. I wonder how you are, how you're doing, how you're handling not having me or Neema to share your thoughts with. Does Brian or Daryl help you with your algebra now? Are you still enjoying it? Are you still happy? I hope you are my friend. I hope you are not dying inside while the rest of the world is amazed by your apparent cheerfulness. Brian is always there, and would be happy to help you any time he can. Or, perhaps even better, Ma. She helped you a lot when I left, right? She is good at understanding emotions, and will freely share from her massive pool of knowledge if you want or need advice. If nothing else, give her a hug every now and then. You both need them.

I wonder where we'll be in the future? Will you join Neema at college? Will I join Brian back in Zambia? Let's look at it an an exciting adventure. We don't know where the next path will lead to, but lets enjoy the ones we're on right now, and explore them fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment