Pages

2008-07-08

What's with the name?

Okay, so, I'm just starting this thing. I'm still not sure exactly what kind of things I'm going to be writing on here, but I guess I'll start out by explaining my title.

To know someone very well is actually quite difficult. In general, a large amount of time is required to truly get to know someone very well. Doing various things with them helps you to get to know them better, because each of those things reveals another part of who they are. For example, by spending time with someone in these two situations, you can learn entirely different things about them.

Situation 1: You are with your friend at Dollywood. He/She has been there three times before, but it is your first time, and he/she has brought you there for your birthday. You follow them most of the time, enjoying their telling you about different things to do, the fun rides with them, and most of all, the time of being with them and sharing experiences together.

Situation 2: One of your very best friends just died yesterday. After going to the funeral this morning, you are now at church for a Wednesday night prayer meeting. After the service you find you've wondered off alone to cry. Your parents will most likely still be there for over an hour, but all you want to do is go home to bed and cry. The same friend who brought you to Dollywood now finds you. He/She doesn't even know your friend who just died, but the one time they did meet, they had somewhat of a personality clash.

Hopefully this illustrates my point: Doing and sharing different things with people teaches you more and more about them. Each thing reveals a small part of them to you, and a small part of you to them.

This blog is revealing a small part of me to it's readers. Nobody could get to know me completely by reading this, but everyone who reads it will probably get to know another small part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment